Stories for you

• NewsHuffPost

Nearly Two-Thirds Of Election Officials Worry Politicians Will Interfere With Their Work: Poll

A new poll also shows nearly half of election workers are concerned that incoming colleagues might themselves believe lies about widespread voter fraud.

4-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

Georgia condemned after police crackdown on protesters

The European Union led condemnation against Georgia on Wednesday after police fired tear gas and rubber bullets at thousands of demonstrators protesting against a controversial "foreign influence" bill. They fired tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannon, beating and arresting scores of people.

4-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsHuffPost

Trump Hit With Pointed Reminders After Complaining About Damaged Landmark

The former president criticized pro-Palestinian protesters at Columbia University for causing "tremendous damage."

3-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

April temperatures in Bangladesh hottest on record

Bangladesh's weather bureau said Wednesday that last month was the hottest April on record, with the South Asian nation and much of the region still enduring a suffocating heatwave.Large swathes of South and Southeast Asia are sweltering through a heatwave that has topped temperature records from Myanmar to the Philippines, with the El Nino phenomenon also driving this year's exceptionally warm weather.

3-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

Clashes at UCLA pro-Palestinian protests in US campus unrest

Clashes broke out on Wednesday at pro-Palestinian demonstrations on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles, as dozens of universities around the United States struggle to contain similar protests.The unrest at UCLA comes after police cleared Columbia University's campus in New York City on Tuesday and evicted a building occupied by pro-Palestinian student protesters.  

4-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • PoliticsHuffPost

Local TV Anchor Catches Donald Trump Off Guard With A Simple Question

The former president floundered in the face of Roop Raj's response.

2-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

Pet dogs and strays suffer in Asia heatwave

Soaring temperatures across Kolkata have brought life in much of the Indian megacity to a standstill, but veterinarian Partha Das cannot recall a time when he was more busy. "Many pets are also hospitalized for three or four consecutive days, and they are taking a long time to get back to normal," the 57-year-old told AFP from his surgery. 

3-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!