Stories for you

• NewsAFP News

Bangladesh reopens schools despite heat alert

Millions of students returned to their reopened schools across Bangladesh Sunday despite a lingering heatwave that prompted a nationwide classroom shutdown order last weekend.Around 32 million students were kept at home by the school shutdown, Save the Children said in a statement this week.

2-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • BusinessReuters

Exclusive-Elon Musk heading to China for visit to Tesla's second-biggest market, sources say

SHANGHAI (Reuters) -Tesla CEO Elon Musk was on a flight heading to Beijing on Sunday to kick off a surprise trip in the electric vehicle maker's second-biggest market, according to two people with knowledge of the matter. Musk is seeking to meet senior Chinese officials in Beijing to discuss the rollout of Full-Self Driving (FSD) software in China and to obtain approval to transfer data collected in the country abroad to train algorithms for its autonomous driving technologies, one of the peopl

1-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • PoliticsHuffPost

'Rise Up': Biden Issues Urgent Call On Trump Threat At White House Correspondents' Dinner

The president spotted what journalists have to take "seriously" regarding his predecessor following the deadly Capitol riot.

2-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

Blinken to Saudi as window shrinks on Middle East mega-deal

Washington's top diplomat will travel to Saudi Arabia on Sunday as the deadline approaches on a landmark -- and, analysts say, long-shot -- deal that would see the kingdom recognise Israel. While it is no surprise Saudi Arabia would link ties with Israel to a resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, "the price for normalisation, especially on the Palestinian front, has certainly gone up," said Saudi analyst Aziz Alghashian.

4-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsHuffPost

Doctor Among 3 Accused Of Keying 16 Pro-Palestine Protesters' Cars

Protesters said they returned to their cars and found their vehicles had been scratched with words like "baby killers" and "murderers."

3-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsHuffPost

Here's What The Pro-Palestinian Student Demonstrators Want

College students across the country are protesting Israel’s attacks on Gaza. But what exactly are they demanding from their universities?

7-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • NewsAFP News

Russia hits Ukrainian energy sites in massive attack

Russia launched a massive missile strike at Ukraine overnight, damaging four power plants in the latest barrage targeting the country's energy supply, officials in Kyiv said on Saturday.- Energy rationing - The DTEK power operator said equipment at four of its thermal power plants had been "severely damaged" in the overnight strikes.

4-min read
    Thanks for your feedback!